Here are 40 simple ways to make gratitude a part of every day.
- Keep a Gratitude journal and add to it every day.
- Tell someone you love them and how much you appreciate them.
- Nurture the friendships you have, good friends don’t come along every day.
- Smile more often.
- Watch inspiring videos that will remind you of the good in the world.
- Include an act of kindness in your life each day.
- Call your Mom more often.
- Cook meals with love, think of the people you will feed.
- Volunteer for organizations that help others.
- Don’t gossip or speak badly about anyone.
- Spend quality time with your kids.
- Remember to compliment your friends and family when they look good.
- Write a card to someone you haven’t seen in a while and tell them something nice.
- Add to your gratitude list daily, at least one more thing each day.
- When you think a negative thought, try to see the positive side of the situation.
- Commit to one day a week when you won’t complain about anything.
- Try to take note when people do a good job and give recognition when it’s due at work.
- Reward effort, if someone does something nice for you, do something nice for them.
- Live mindfully, not worrying about the past or future.
- Thank the people who serve you in the community. The shopkeeper, the bus drivers, etc.
- Say thank you for the little things loved ones do for you, things you normally take for granted.
- Call your grandparents and tell them you love them.
- Embrace challenges and turn them into opportunities to grow.
- Be thankful when you learn something new.
- See the growth opportunity in your mistakes.
- Help your friends see the positive side of life.
- When times are bad, focus on your friends who are at your side.
- When times are good, notice and help others.
- Make gratitude a part of family life, share it with each other during meal time.
- Practice gratitude at the same time every day to make it a habit.
What is Happiness
If you want to go anywhere in life, in your career or your personal life you need to expand your thinking, you need start thinking in a positive manner even when the going gets tough. It is in time of despair that you need to dig deep put aside the negative shit and think positive to keep going. It all starts with the thoughts that we have and our self-talk (the BS we tell to ourselves). Negative and limiting beliefs will contract our potential; positive, and affirming thoughts will help it expand. It is that fricken simple, you become what you think about most.
What is positive thinking
Positive thinking doesn’t mean that you live in a fairytale or dreamland, where you ignore life’s less pleasant situations. Positive thinking means that you respond to uncomfortable or unpleasant situations in a more positive and optimistic way. You think of the glass has half full and not half empty.
Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will. Zig Ziglar
If we want to achieve happiness and success in any manner we need to use the most powerful tool in our arsenal, Our mind! Every day we have tons of thoughts running through our minds, now the key to positive thinking is that we think of everything in a positive way, even if we fail at something or get it wrong. Say to yourself how can I learn from this and turn that negative into a positive. Take out the words ” I Can’t, or ” I Don’t have the time” from your vocabulary that is just negative and all you will do is attract more negative things. If the majority of our thoughts are negative, it means that our outlook on life is more pessimistic however if our predominant thoughts are positive, we are optimists.
You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind. ~ Joyce Meyer
1. Set Goals
Setting goals will get you motivated, if you are just walking through life with no purpose then you cannot expect anything good or exciting to happen. Without goals, life can become very bland and you may lose focus on what truly matters to you. Goals are what gives you purpose and motivation to live through each day doing what it is that will make you happy.
One great source for goal-making and following through on your goals is Zig Ziglar’s Wheel of Life. This source will teach you about the main categories of life goals that you should be setting for yourself, and how you can be strong on your follow through as well!
2. Start the day thinking positive
Wake up and be grateful for another beautiful day, wake up going over your goals. Read or listen to something inspirational or motivational and it will help set the tone for the rest of your day. Add speaking affirmations to your morning routine, what you think about most you become
3. Practice Gratitude
You cannot be grateful and negative at the same time. Gratitude helps you realize all the good and positive things you already have in your life (it doesn’t matter how big or small ). Feeling grateful helps you stay grounded in the present moment. When you are grateful for anything and everything happiness will overcome your life.
4. Surround yourself with like-minded and positive people
If you hang around negative people or people that have no goals, no desire to achieve any form of success you will not go forward. You will fail at anything you do or try but if you surround yourself with positive, goal driven motivated people then you will become just like them and you will feed off their energy and vice versa.
You can spot out the differences between positive people and negative people easily. Stick with the positive people and get rid of the negative ones.
5. Shift negative self-talk into positive self-talk
We will all have negative thoughts at some point in our lives, its human nature but you need to have the willpower to turn it around. Our negative self-talk can be so ingrained in us that it can be hard to become aware of it. It’s easy to dwell in our mistakes and beat ourselves up but it will not help you get up or get going. When you catch yourself doing this, just pause for a couple of minutes, take a couple of deep breaths and start replacing those negative thoughts with more positive words and thoughts.
For example: replace “I’m so bad at doing _____ with “I’m getting better and better every day”, or “I know that the more I practice, the better I’ll get at it”, or “It didn’t work out as planned but if I try again, I will see improvement”.
No one is perfect, we are all peers in this human experience, and we’re always learning. The only thing we can do is learn from our mistakes and keep moving forward.
Happiness is All Around
While happiness may seem hard to obtain, the truth is that it is all around us and you just need to know where to look, what to do, and how to appreciate the pockets of happiness in life. Have a vision, Think big, Set goals, Be Grateful, Smile, Laugh and enjoy every moment of your life.